lördag 2 maj 2009

a broken radio

Since I've been here many Americans have asked me "What's the biggest difference between America and Sweden?" There's many differences, and the biggest one is hard to tell.
And I guess it defers from one to another. And from state to state and city to city. To give a general answer I would say the food.
But to give a list I would say, the food, school system, eating habits, what people do on their free time, transportation - also a huge difference, treating of animals, prizes etc etc.
I'm sure I could find a million things. So to mention a particular one would be to hard of a task.
Many people will probably ask me the same thing when I get home to Sweden. My answer will remain the same, "So many differences, it's difficult to decide".

While on the subject, going home.
Probably not the most popular answer people want to hear, but I'm not sure that I want too.
I'm aware that I don't have an option. If I had the a choice, what would it be? Stay or go home?
It will be so different. Will it be a good different to be back in "normal" ?
Just the feeling of feeling like this is strange.
Of course I will enjoy to come home and see everyone after being apart for so long and do things I've missed out on. Ex. going to places I regularly visited when I was younger.

On the same time I will miss the new friends and family I've gotten throughout this year. The simple school as well, and the huge school spirit that we don't have in Sweden.

Sports in school etc.


I removed my countdown because evertime I saw it I got sad so I just had to remove it.

And the question constantly on my mind is, Have I done everything I could this year? I've done a lot , but there is many things I could've done. But instead of thinking "could've done" I try to think "have done" to have a more positive view on it.

There has been many rough times, very rough. But also many good ones.

If you think about it , a "normal" year in Sweden is like that as well.

Good and bad times. The roller coaster ride.

It might be just a teenagers life, somehow I doubt that. I believe that most people got up and down lifes. Not only us teens. If I'm right or wrong I can't say now since I haven't come to that part of my life yet. Soon enough I'll be there. It will go fast and suddenly I'm 30 and sitting here blogging again.

Mathilda

3 kommentarer:

  1. Honey,
    As soon as you are 18 "the world is your oyster"and you can do pretty much whatever you want to if you set your mind to it:-) Me, I regrett I/we never even tried to move abroad and now with all my quilting friends in the US, I regrett it even more.

    And I think that life is a rollercoster ride, wether you are a teenager or grownup make no nevermind.
    Big Hugs,
    Auntie

    SvaraRadera
  2. Sweetie , it is nothing odd or wrong with the feeling not wanting to go home. Enjoy the weeks you have left and try not to think too much about your departure day. It will come wether you think about all the time or not...
    You´ve gotten an experience that is rare, and you will treasure this year for the rest of your life. And, you always have the possibility to go back visiting :) And study evern more if you want to.
    To say goodbye is hard, both if you are the leaving part or staying behind.
    Love you

    SvaraRadera
  3. hello my dear friend, jag vet inte riktigt vad jag ska säga, klart jag fattar att det är svårt för dig,men försök tänka positivt. Du kan ju åka tillbaka igen, och tänk också på hur mycket vi har att ta igen! Jag kan lova att du inte kommer att få det tråkigt när du kommer. puss love u<3

    SvaraRadera